Bloc & Roll

Thursday 23 April 2009

Sport Crazy


Hi! I’m Marta again, one of the students that posts on this blog.


This last week all Spain has celebrated “Semana Santa”. I’ts a religious week in which the christians living in Spain commemorate Christ’s death and resurrection. Lots of people from Spain, and from other countries, celebrate this week as one of the most important festivities of our country.


Anyway, I’m not going to write about “Semana Santa”. There are lots of people that don’t specially like this week. They don’t celebrate it following the religious traditions, but understand it as a more or less normal week of holidays. I’m one of those people.


This year I went to Murcia for 6 days with some other athletes from places all around Spain. We went there to have fun, to train and to make friends. We went to a sport hall of residence just next to the beach. The hall of residence had two football pitches, two basketball courts and two volleyball courts as well. It also had a huge place to do judo and a Jacuzzi. And the thing we used most, an athletics track. We mainly trained, but we also learnt about sport medicine with a doctor and with an sport psychologist.


We swam a little in the sea and enjoyed the sun, which is quite difficult now in my city because it is usually cold. I also met a lot of friends I already had and, of course, I made new ones. However, my trip did not end as well as I would have liked it to finish. I broke my arm and now I have it in plaster.


Still, I had a great week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home